National institute of design is internationally acclaimed as one of the finest education and research institutions for industrial, communication, Textile and it integrated (Experiential) Design. It is an Institute of national importance under the DIPP, Ministry of Commerce and industry, Government of India.
NID’s Vision is to emerge as a global leader in Design education and research and become a torchbearer for innovative design direction in the industry, commerce and development sectors. NID’s trans-disciplinary environment consisting of 20 diverse design domains help in for designing innovative and holistic ecosystem for design learning.
NID offer a wide spectrum of design domains while encouraging trans disciplinary design project. NID is a unique Institution with many problem-solving capabilities, depths of intellect and time –tested creative educational culture in promoting design competencies and setting standards of design education
The overall structure of NID’s programme is a combination of theory, skill, design, project and field experiences supported by cutting edge design studio, skill & innovation labs and the knowledge management centre.
The Professional education at NID has both Bachelors and master programmes Bachelor of Design (B.Des) of 4 years duration for students after 10+2 or equivalent like AISSCE/IB/ISC/, and Master of Design (M.Des)of 2 and half years duration for graduates from various domains specific to each discipline.
DAT-Design Aptitude Test.(NID)
Studio Test, (NID)
1. NID conducts 1/2days workshop at Ahmadabad after the declaration of the results of DAT-Design Aptitude Test. This workshop is known as Studio Test. It includes a series of test.
2. 3-D model making-It involves making of 3-D models using the given materials such as clay, wire, string, different kinds of paper, Thermacol, cloth etc. The time limit may vary from 30minutes - 45minutes.
3. Thematic/psychometric test- This test is based on your observation and presence of mind. The time limit may be 1minute-10minutes.
4. Audio/visual test-A candidate has to listen to an audio or may be shown a video clipping for a minute and then he/she is to answer a series of questions based on them.
5. Portfolio Review- It plays a very important role in the NID’s final selection. A candidate must carry a collection of his/her original work which may include manual drawing and sketching, photographs, computer layouts etc. A candidate must have complete knowledge about his/her work and all the work must be presented very neatly.
6. Interview-It is face to face conversation between the candidate and interviewers. Dress up in your usual manner and present yourself in a relaxed state of mind. Answer their questions smartly, confidently and very important honestly.
List of Top Design Colleges in India and abroad,
NID(National Institute of Design)(Ahmadabad)
NIFT(National Institute of Fashion Technology) Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna
ITM(Institute of Fashion Design and Technology) Mumbai
IMS-DIA-Design & Innovation Academy (Noida)
Raffles Millennium International Design Institute (Ahmedabad, Mumbai)
IIT(Indian Institute of Technology) Delhi, Mumbai
IAM(Institute of Apparel Management) Gurgaon
Art Canter College of Design, Design U.S.
California College of the Arts , Art and Design U.S.
Carnegie Mellon University , Art and Design U.S.
Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, Art and Design London
Australia Arts Schools
University of New South Wales
University of Sydney
University of Technology, Sydney
University of Notre Dame, Sydney
University of Wollongong
University of Newcastle
University of Melbourne
Monash University, Melbourne
RMIT University, Melbourne
University of Queensland, Brisbane
Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane
James Cook University, Townsville
University of Western Australia
University of Notre Dame, Fremantle
New Zealand Arts Schools
University of Auckland
Massey University, Wellington
University of Canterbury
University of Otago
Victoria University of Wellington
China Arts Schools
Thailand Arts Schools
Chiang Mai University
South Korea Arts Schools
Career in Design Field
Costume Designer Careers
Fashion Buyer Careers
Fashion Design Careers
Fashion Merchandising Careers
Fashion Sales Associate Careers
Fashion Sales Representative Careers
Fashion Stylist Careers
Graphic Design Careers
Industrial Design Careers
Interior Design Careers
Key Grip Careers