(3 Monthss, 6months, 1year Weekly two classes And Regular 1 month, 2 months)
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
Any person having passed SSC (Std X) or equivalent examination and above can appear for NATA. However, only candidates who have qualified an aptitude test in architecture and have secured at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects, shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course. No direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification. NATA score shall be valid for a period of two years from the year in which one appeared.
Who should take NATA and Why?
Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants, for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
WHERE TO APPEAR FOR NATA?
NATA is offered over major part of admission season at designated Test Centres located at colleges / schools of architecture in India. Updated list of Test centres is available at the website www.nata.in
The test is in Two Parts
The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test.
The test measures aptitude of the candidate through two sections - a paper based section for drawing and computer based section for aesthetic sensitivity.
1. DRAWING TEST
TIME DURATION -
NO OF QUESTION-3
(50 marks +25 marks+25 marks = Total of 100 marks).
This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt three questions. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects -
Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in
visually appealing manner.
1. Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
2. Sense of perspective drawing.
3. Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
4. Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes andforms.
5. Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition.
6. Understanding of scale and proportions.
7. Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
2. Aesthetic Sensitivity Test-60 MINUTES
NO OF QUESTION-40
multiple choice questions.
computer based test
This is computer based test where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions. The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of -
1. Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
2. Visualising different sides of three dimensional objects.
3. Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
4. Analytical reasoning.
5. Mental Ability.
6. Imaginative comprehension and expression.
7. Architectural awareness.
Total NATA Test marks -
Minimum qualifying marks:
40% or 80/200
Top Architecture College in India and abroad
Top Architecture College in world
1. Southern California Institute of Architecture, CA
2. Architectural Association School of Architecture, London
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MS
4. The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen
5. University of Tokyo
6. Technical University, Dleft
7. ETH Zurich, DARCH
8. Institute of Advanced Architecture of Catalonia
9. The Glasgow School of Art
10. American University of Sharjahs
Top Architecture College in Africa
1. The University of Cape Town, South Africass
2. University of Pretoria, South Africa
3. University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
4. The American University of Cairo, Egypt
5. University of Nairobi, Kenya
6. University of the free state, Bloemfontein, South Africa
7. University of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
8. Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
9. Alexandria University, Egypt
10. Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU), Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Top Architecture College in Asia
1. The Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
2. Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
3. The University of Tokyo, Japan
4. The American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
5. The Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
6. The University of Technology Malaysia
7. The School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, India
8. University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
9. The Kyung Hee University in Seoul, South Korea
10. Technion University, Haifa, Israel
Top Architecture College in Australia
1. Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
2. The University of Sydney, Australia
3. The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
4. RMIT, Melbourne, Australia
5. Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
6. The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
7. The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
8. University of Canberra, Australia
9. University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
10. The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Top Architecture College in Europe
1. Architectural Association, London, England
2. The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen, Denmark
3. Technical University Delft, Delft, the Netherlands
4. ETH Zurich, DARCH, Zurich, Switzerland
5. Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia, IaaC, Barcelona, Spain
6. The Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow, Scotland
7. Bartlett, University College London, England
8. The University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
9. Ecole de Beaux Arts, Paris, France
10. The Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Top Architecture College in North America
1. SCI-arc - Southern California Institute of Architecture, Los Angeles, California, USA
2. MIT - Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts, USA
3. Harvard University, Massachusetts, USA
4. The University of Southern California, USA
5. Berkeley University, California, USA
6. The University of Michigan, Michigan, USA
7. Cornell University, New York, USA
8. Cal Poly, California, USA
9. Yale University, New Haven Connecticut, USA
10. The Pratt Institute, New York, USA
Top Architecture College in South America
1. The University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
2. Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism, University of Chile, Chile
3. The National University of Bogota, Colombia
4. The Federal University of Rio de Jainero, Brazil
5. Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria, Lima, Peru
6. The University of Caracas, Venezuela
7. The Mackenzie Presbyterian University, Soa Paolo, Brazil
8. Universidad Tortuato di Tella, Buenos Aires, Argentina
9. Pontificia Universidad Javieria, Bogota, Colombia
10. The Catholic University of Chile, Chile